Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome to Korean Teochew Language Discovery

Thanks for reading this blog and a warm welcome to you. This blog is simply about Korean and Teochew Language Discovery. Showcasing similarities in both these seemingly different and faraway language.

How it was started: Recently after visiting Seoul, South Korea, I discovered that there are quite a few words in Korean that are similar or same as in the teochew dialect. (Taechew/Teochew southern dialect)

Discovery: discovery is most apt since the crux of the blog is about discovering these "connections" and perhaps pondering and sharing why and how, comments and more from readers.

1 comment:

  1. I am not a Teochew speaker but I am of Teochew descent. I happen to love Korean things and noticed some similarities as well between Teochew dialect and Korean while trying to communicate with my grandmother. It left me wondering how those two languages can be related. I look forward to learn more with this blog!

    ReplyDelete